Cheeki Breeki Roleplay community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplaying narrative based on the STALKER universe.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yayo's Monolith Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King of the Yayo
Admin
King of the Yayo

Yayo's Monolith Application Empty
PostSubject: Yayo's Monolith Application   Yayo's Monolith Application EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:20 pm

|In-Character Information|
Name: 'Resent'
Previous Life Affiliations: He was a hunter of big game before he made his way to the Zone, and was primarily an accountant. After getting into legal issues, he made his way to the Zone, where he hunted mutants and bounties.
Specializations (if any): Sentinel

|Faction Related Information|
What is the Monolith's ideology?: The Monolith is a faction of primarily brainwashed, hostile, religiously fanatic stalkers that believe in the Wish Granter. They give their lives for the interests of the Monolith rather willingly, and do not surrender. Their ideology is incredibly loyal and religiously radical.
Why do you wish to join Monolith?: I would like to roleplay as a Monolithian, as there are not many Monolithians yet and I find the faction fascinating.
Why should Monolith choose you?:My character has no physical disabilities and is an excellent shot. He has experience in long range combat, and is what many would consider a marksman. This makes him quite valuable.
How will you portray your Monolith Character?: 'Resent' will be a radical Monolithian, and will, like most who are part of the Monolith, fight to the last breath. This doesn't mean he won't let out a yelp or be filled with pain when he takes a round, well, anywhere, but it does mean he will never surrender. He'd rather blow his own brains out then come out with his hands up.
Define the Server's Portrayal of the Monolith, and Identify the Stalker Game this Portrayal stems from: The Monolith on Cheeki Breeki are post Call of Pripyat, meaning they are cut off from the C-Con. This means that though the Monolithians are still brainwashed, they recieve no sort of orders - For example, the current order is to just sit at the holy site used as 'base' and defend it from any intruders. The Monolith are portrayed as well armed, when compared to most loners, radical, religious extremists brainwashed to do whatever it takes to further the pursuits and wishes of the Monolith. The Monolith are in most of the STALKER games, but I would assume the portrayal stems from CoP as we are currently set post-CoP on the timeline.
Who is the Monolith Preacher?: Antithesis

|Other Information|
Define Metagaming: The use of OOC information ICly.
Define the Server's Approach to Permanent Kills on Characters: A lot of things can result in a PK. Jobs can PK you. HRHR's will probably PK you. Stupidity will PK you, if stupidity is the main cause of your death.
Will you be willing to subject yourself to an IC or OoC introduction to advanced combat protocol and roleplay conduct?: Absolutely, yes.
Do you understand that S2K events will largely be the minority, if even done at all?: Yes.
Will you actively use the forums?: Of course.

Backstory OR a Roleplay Scenario involving your Monolith Stalker defending a Holy Site from exploring Stalkers:
'Resent', laying prone on a hill overlooking the holy sight, kept his hands firmly on his rifle. Looking through the scope, he scanned over the area, looking for movement. Every few moments he would hear a burst of gunfire, which would cause him to dart his view around in search of muzzle flash.

'Resent', his eye still up to his scope, would finally spot movement. He would notice a stalker, crouched down, slowly making his way to the holy site. Knowing that this man was a potential attacker, or one of the current attackers, Resent took a few moments to get his scope on his center of mass. It looked to be around a two hundred meter shot, and he zeroed his scope accordingly.

'Resent' would wait for the man to stop down or slow even more, his scope trained on his center of mass. Eventually, the stalker would stop, hipfiring a burst towards the holy site with his AK47. Knowing this was his opportunity, 'Resent' would squeeze the trigger, sending a 7.62x54 round spiraling towards his exposed back.

The attacker would fall forward, spraying the rest of his magazine aimlessly as he lets out a yelp of pain. It was a hit - A round directly to the back. It grazed the spine, only barely missing it. As the man would begin to crawl forward, 'Resent' would pull back the bolt, ready to finish him off, but a fellow Monolithian would get to him first. A burst of fire was heard, and 'Resent' watched as the stalker was filled with lead from one of his brothers.

*By submitting this application you agree with all standard server rules, and agree to a basic understanding of TextRP function. This ranges from abstaining all possible metagaming, godmodding, illegitimate software tampering, and knowledge of your own faction's rules. To ensure you've read this, place the word Alpha at the end of your Age in the In-Character Information section. By submitting this application for the Monolith, you hereby agree to all the rules stipulated by the Monolith Faction Rules. DO NOT DELETE THIS CLAUSE.[/code]
Back to top Go down
Dominator046

Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Yayo's Monolith Application   Yayo's Monolith Application EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 11:11 pm

Beautiful, in all honesty. This is what I want to see from applications. I am very impressed, and definitely willing to give you credit. Though I had an inkling that I was going to be harsher on the Sentinel applications - you proved yourself intently. I salute you on your application, and I only have one thing to comment on.

I see you took my name suggestion, but made a twist on it. I would suggest maybe changing this name to 'Relent' instead of 'Resent'. While Resent, as in Resentment works, most people will not get it and find it lolsy. Relent gets the same message, somewhat different, but also keeps the same sound.

Regardless of your final choice in name, I must say, congratulations Sentinel.
Back to top Go down
King of the Yayo
Admin
King of the Yayo

PostSubject: Re: Yayo's Monolith Application   Yayo's Monolith Application EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 9:39 am

Dominator046 wrote:
Beautiful, in all honesty. This is what I want to see from applications. I am very impressed, and definitely willing to give you credit. Though I had an inkling that I was going to be harsher on the Sentinel applications - you proved yourself intently. I salute you on your application, and I only have one thing to comment on.

I see you took my name suggestion, but made a twist on it. I would suggest maybe changing this name to 'Relent' instead of 'Resent'. While Resent, as in Resentment works, most people will not get it and find it lolsy. Relent gets the same message, somewhat different, but also keeps the same sound.

Regardless of your final choice in name, I must say, congratulations Sentinel.

I'll go with 'Relent'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yayo's Monolith Application   Yayo's Monolith Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Yayo's Monolith Application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cheeki Breeki Roleplay community :: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Roleplay :: Official Factions :: Monolith :: Applications :: Approved Applications-
Jump to: